Controllers of Personal Information
Any personal information provided to or gathered by Twootz.com is controlled by the Management Staff at Twootz.com.
What Personal Information About Customers Does Twootz.com gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalise and continually improve your shopping experience at Twootz.com. We use the information to handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, communicate with you about orders, products, services and promotional offers, update our records and generally maintain your accounts with us, display content such as wish lists and customer reviews and recommend merchandise and services that might be of interest to you. We also use this information to improve our store and platform, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
Here are the types of information we gather:
- Information You Give Us: we receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customising future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: we receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use "cookies" and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses Twootz.com or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of Twootz.com on other Web sites.
- E-mail Communications: to help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from Twootz.com if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences
- Information from Other Sources: we might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers (a mix of letters and numbers) that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognise your browser and to provide features such as storage of items in your Shopping Basket between visits.
- We don’t sell the information collected by cookies, nor do we disclose the information to third parties, except where required by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies).
- If you do leave cookies turned on, be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
Does Twootz.com share the Information it receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of selling it to others. Twootz.com shares customer information only as described below.
- Protection of Twootz.com and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property or safety of Twootz.com, our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in a way that is contrary to the commitments made in this Privacy Notice.
- With your consent: other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work with our payment provider to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Web sites?
What Choices Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of such Twootz.com features such as Your Account and Customer Reviews
- If you do not want to receive our website newsletter or other mail from us, please unsubscribe accordingly. (If you do not want to receive Conditions of Use and other legal notices from us, such as this Privacy Notice, those notices will still govern your use of Twootz.com and orders placed with Twootz.com, and it is your responsibility to review them for changes).
Are Children Allowed to Use Twootz.com?
Twootz.com does not sell products for purchase by children. If you are under 18, you may use Twootz.com only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Notices and Revisions
If you have any concern about privacy at Twootz.com, please e-mail us
a thorough description and we will try to resolve the issue for you.
Our business changes constantly and our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our website frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Examples of Information Collected:
- Information You Give Us (Including for Future Functions):
You provide most such information when you search, buy, post, participate in a contest or questionnaire or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you: search for a product; place an order through Twootz.com; provide information in Your Account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address when shopping with us) or Your Profile; communicate with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise; complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form; compile gift registries, provide and rate Reviews; and employ other personal notification services such as Available to Order Notifications. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as: your name; address and phone number; credit card information (which is encrypted and only held by our payment provider); people to whom purchases have been dispatched (including addresses and phone numbers); people (with addresses and phone numbers; content of reviews and e-mails to us; the personal description in your Your Profile and account history.
- Automatic Information:
- Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include: updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily; account information, purchase or redemption information and page-view information from some merchants with which we operate co-branded businesses or for which we provide technical, fulfilment, advertising or other services; search term and search result information from some searches conducted through the Web search features offered by Twootz.com.; search results and links; and credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers.
- Information You Can Access (Including for future functions):
Examples of information you can access easily at Twootz.com include: up-to-date information regarding recent orders; personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, communications and personalised advertising preferences, address book); payment settings (including account history and gift certificates); e-mail notification settings (including Alerts, Available to Order Notifications, Deliveries and newsletters); recommendations (including recent product-view history, prior-order history and Favourites); Your Profile (including your Product Reviews, Requests and Recommendations and Personal Profile).